Sunday 28 July 2013

Vivek Agnihotri wants to cast Ajay Devgn for Awwal

Director Vivek Agnihotri, who is keen to work with Ajay Devgn in Awwal, a satire on land acquisition, says the movie will go on floors next year.

"I have a wish list for Awwal. I want to work with Ajay Devgn. I need an entertainer, a big star as this is a big film. I feel Ajay will be suitable for the film. He can seriously carry a comic role," Agnihotri told PTI.

The director's last film Hate Story, an erotic thriller starring Paoli Dam and Nikhil Dwivedi, was a surprise hit. It was produced by Vikram Bhatt.

The makers are planning a sequel to Hate Story but Agnihotri says he is not a part of it.

"Vikram Bhatt called me several times for that (sequel). I couldn't start it as I was thinking whether to do it or not. I feel I have already given my best and there is nothing that I can contribute more," Agnihotri said.

"After two-three years if I see at erotica differently then maybe I will make it."

For the sequel, producer Vikram Bhatt has reportedly signed popular TV actress Surveen Chawla and actor Sushant Singh.

No comments:

Post a Comment